Technical Writing, Editing and Proofreading
Hi! I’m Shilpa Melissa Rodrigues and I offer technical content writing, editing and/or proofreading services in English. Writing samples available upon request.
What I offer
My background in technical writing is in the areas of technology, finance and education. Here are a few examples of things I’ve authored, edited and proofread.
- Detailed blog posts that explain a complex technical topic to clients
- User guides that detail instructions for new software and hardware
- Brochures that outline a new course or degree being offered
Examples of what I can do for you
- UX: UI copy for a product that guides users in a straightforward way
- Websites: compelling and powerful content for your website that tells your story
- Blog posts: SEO friendly blog posts that showcase expertise in your field
- Email Newsletters: keep your current customers engaged and interested
- User Guides & How-To’s: explain how a product or service works in an effective way
Editing & Proofreading //
Edit and/or proofread any of your content, such as an upcoming book, your website, your CV, blog posts and so on.
A quick note about the difference between editing & proofreading:
Editing is about correcting the core of your content, such as sentence construction, enhancing language for clarity and overall quality of writing. On the other hand, proofreading is a final check on your content for things like grammar, punctuation and misspellings.
Why work with me
I am a native English speaker, I am good at explaining complex topics in a simple, straightforward way, and I am committed to everything I take on. I’ve written several pieces of technical documentation throughout my career, whether it be user manuals, quick reference guides or technical blog posts. Quite honestly, I do this because I truly enjoy writing and editing, and nothing like working on something you like!
How it works
- We have a chat about your documentation needs; what you need, by when and any other special requirements. Most importantly, I should understand the objective of the documentation. What purpose will it serve?
- We sign a contract that outlines the scope of work, the deadlines and any copyrights I need to be aware of.
- You send me sources of information that will be good reference material for me.
- I write up a first draft we go back and forth with several rounds of edits. If it’s editing or proofreading, I edit or proofread one round. Additional rounds can be done for an additional charge.
- Once the documentation is finalized, you confirm with me in writing.
Contact me at shilpamelissarodrigues[at]gmail[dot]com.